Monday 11 December 2023

Advent Calendar Day 11

I have a few belongings of my grandmother, Annie White.  This first one is very precious to me and is a Book of Common Prayer.  



It has obviously been well used.  It has gold colouring to the page edges and they shimmer in the daylight.



It has some lovely enammaling on the front and has a gold coloured clasp to keep the Prayer Book shut.



The writing inside is my grandmother's but it isn't her name so I am making the assumption that she gave it to her mother Elizabeth (Betsy) White, nee Linkins and was given it after Betsy died.  Maybe I feel an affinity to the Prayer Book as that was my maiden name too.


There is no published date inside that I can see.  You can see that the pages are showing their age and possible related to the damp rooms where my grandmother lived


No comments:

Post a Comment